This online self-study course, developed by CaLP (The Cash Learning Partnership), provides an introduction to cash transfer programming.
This session will introduce you to the fundamentals of Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) and will help you to begin understanding it. No knowledge of CTP is required to do this course, so if you a complete beginner don't worry, you are in the right place!
If you need to take this course as a pre-requisite for another CaLP course, you can also opt to take the quiz instead of completing the course.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- define cash transfer programming, including key terminology and definitions, and state principles for good practice in CTP
- describe modalities, delivery mechanisms and different tools for cash transfers
- define preconditions for implementation of cash transfers
- explain the relevance of cash transfers in different humanitarian contexts and advocate for CTP to a variety of stakeholders
- list the key steps and associated tasks for cash transfers in the humanitarian project cycle
- identify the roles and responsibilities of different staff functions in the CTP project cycle.