About the project:
Basma Society for Culture and Arts, a non-governmental organization committed to the reinvigoration of the Palestinian cultural movement, proposes to promote cultural diversity and empower youth in Gaza by: (1) reinforcing capacities at the Basma Youth Network to implement the Community-Based Theatre; (2) developing the Community-Based Theatre – CBT.
How does this project contribute to the implementation of the 2005 Convention?
Addresses capacity development needs relating to creation, production and distribution - The project will reinforce the capacities of young people in theatre production in the Gaza Strip. By developing a training manual on theatre production, the project will tackle the absence of academies/colleges that offer education in this subject.
Widens participation in creation, production and distribution of cultural goods to previously excluded regions and social groups – The project, through the CBT approach, will support theatre groups based in local communities from remote areas and will facilitate access to theatre to 15 different locations.
- Creation of a theatre committee from the Basma’s Youth Network.
- Reinforcement of leadership skills for the theatre committee members.
- Establishment of partnerships with the University of Palestine UP, Palestinian NGOs Network – PNGO, General Union of Culture and Centers – GUCC and the Ministry of Culture.
- Development of a training manual on theatre production
- Theatre production training for 90 students.
- Organization of discussions, debates and mobile theatre performances all over Gaza.