Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The cohort of Scholars based at Columbia University will receive documentation from Columbia and the Obama Foundation in recognition of their successful completion of the program. At Columbia University, the Obama Foundation Scholars will participate in a core course developed by Columbia faculty, which will run for the academic year. Scholars will also have the ability to select a few courses offered by Columbia University, which will allow them to deepen existing areas of expertise or fill in gaps in their knowledge and skills. Additionally, these Scholars will have the opportunity to collaborate on the global issues and solutions being worked on and developed at Columbia World Projects and collaborate with cross sector experts on those initiatives. The application can be found here and will close on February 3, 2019.
For the Columbia University Program we’re seeking emerging leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the Program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities going forward.
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.